Friday 16 July 1982

Würzburg and Nuremberg

I expected the first photo in the next roll be from Munich. Instead, there was a mystery market and cathedral. Did I spill the box of slides and mix them up? No, the numbers were in sequence. Some detective work with online photos and travel sites later, I worked out what I had done: going to Munich would not give me enough sleep on an overnight train so I deliberately overshot it and went to Frankfurt (I think) then caught a day train back, sightseeing along the way. This turned out to be Würzburg cathedral and market.


Fortunately for photo searches they do not change the shape of churches often, though it seems to have acquired a new lick of paint since I photographed it.

This is Marienberg Fortress, above the city.


Next city on the way back was Nuremberg. This is the façade of the Frauenkirche with a market in progress.


I am an admirer of the engravings and prints of Albrecht Dürer, and this is his house.

Well, that was fun and made it worth my while digitising my photos. So I have been to places that I'd forgotten about.

No comments:

Post a Comment