Wednesday 21 July 1982

Heidelberg and Mainz

If I recall correctly, this picture of Heidelberg Castle was actually taken the same day as the Romantic Road bus trip. I decided to make a flying visit to Heidelberg before sundown on the way to Mainz. I knew a couple of things about Heidelberg: its university was world-famous, being the oldest in Germany, dating from 1386. Also the musical The Student Prince was set here.

Heidelberg's old bridge over the River Neckar.

Quite likely the view in the opposite direction taken from the same riverside walk; the road barriers look the same.

I overnighted in Mainz. This is the Osteiner Hof in Schillerplatz in the middle of the city.

This appears to be the Christuskirche.

The banner is a clue that I am still in Mainz.

No comments:

Post a Comment